Participant feedback from an attendee of RISE’s 2022 Grade 9 Summer Symposium: “I learned about the importance of 9th grade and had a chance to reflect on strategies that have worked for other schools and districts, before working with my team to plan for the next academic year. I had a TON of fun, and found that I was more present and engaged than I have been during any other PD/conference since I started my role.”
Coaching & Professional Learning
RISE is excited to work with districts in Connecticut and beyond as we expand our impact and ensure all students graduate with a plan and the skills and confidence to achieve college and career success. The RISE team works to adapt its evidence-based approach in response to each partner’s needs and goals, tailoring our services to meet the most pressing needs of the schools, districts, and organizations. We also seek to understand each partner’s unique context so that we are building on existing efforts and assets. Our services include:
- Improvement Coaching: We provide focused coaching sessions for school and district leaders to form targeted goals, chart a roadmap for improvement, support implementation efforts, strengthen school systems and structures, and monitor progress. Coaching can help leaders to implement new strategies, such as On-Track Data Teams.
- Continuous Improvement/Cross-School Collaboration and Facilitation: We design and facilitate gatherings of educators and school teams pursuing similar goals within and across schools, enabling productive collaboration and supporting innovative approaches.
- Professional Development: We design and deliver engaging school-based sessions focused on topics including the importance of the Grade 9 transition, specific strategies for promoting an on-track culture, improvement science, postsecondary access strategies, and more.
Interested in partnering with RISE? Contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about upcoming and past professional development events and opportunities here.
Our current and former partners include:
- Baltimore City Public Schools
- Bridgeport Public Schools
- Bristol Public Schools
- Connecticut State Department of Education
- Danbury Public Schools
- Denver Public Schools
- East Haddam Public Schools
- Hartford Public Schools
- Malden Public Schools
- Meriden Public Schools
- Next Generation Learning Challenges
- New Haven Public Schools
- New London Public Schools
- Norwalk Public Schools
- Norwich City School District
- Norwich Free Academy
- Office of the Governor of Connecticut
- Portland Public Schools
- Salem Public Schools
- Stamford Public Schools
- Vernon Public Schools
- Waterbury Public Schools
- Worcester Public Schools