RISE creates a platform for teachers and leaders to come together across schools and districts to pursue shared goals and continuous improvement. As partners in the RISE Network, we proactively identify ways to strengthen our efforts to better meet the needs of students and educators. Our network-building activities are guided by the belief that we amplify our individual and collective impact when we work together to address shared challenges and goals.
Network Learning Agenda
RISE schools convene throughout the year for network-wide professional learning opportunities. These gatherings provide educators with opportunities to learn from and collaborate with peers across schools. Through deep and results-driven collaboration with and across RISE high schools, we form authentic learning partnerships to review data, share promising practices, pilot new ideas and programs, and solve barriers and challenges.
Upon launching the RISE Network, RISE high schools set out to pilot new ideas to promote student engagement, on-track achievement, and college and career readiness. After two years of exploration and continuous learning, RISE high schools came together to identify the most promising practices and collaboratively commit to five strategies to improve student outcomes.
- On-track data teams support educators with information, time, and tools to leverage their expertise. Collaborative team structures help schools meet the holistic needs of every student.
- On-track coaching opportunities engage all students in one-on-one goal-setting conferences. On-Track Coordinators support students through personalized and data-driven coaching.
- Summer transition programs offer meaningful opportunities to help students navigate transitions to high school and beyond, form strong relationships, and gain confidence and skills to achieve their goals.
- College and career supports build a culture of post-secondary success by creating meaningful opportunities in Grades 9 through 12 for students to develop and pursue their college and career goals.
- Educator-inspired innovations receive support from the RISE Innovation Fund through DonorsChoose, empowering educators to pilot ideas and share promising practices.
Just as no two students are alike, we understand that every school and every classroom is unique. RISE ensures educators have the tools, resources, and professional learning they need to adapt each strategy to their school culture and needs. Each RISE high school receives targeted support and coaching from a school support team of RISE program and data specialists.